I’ve been working on a book on Firebase — called “The Definitive Guide to Firebase” — with the wonderful folks at APress. In this I’m focussing on the Android platform but many of the concepts learned will be available to all Firebase developers.
You can learn more about it on it’s Amazon Pre-Order page here.
Plan how to build a better app, grow it into a business, and earn money from your hard work using Firebase. This book takes you through each of the Firebase technologies, showing you how to use them with concrete examples. You’ll see how to build cross-platform apps with the three pillars of the Firebase platform: technologies to help you develop apps with a real-time database, remote configuration, cloud messaging, and more; grow your apps with user sharing, search integration, analytics, and more; and earn from your apps with in-app advertising.
What You’ll Learn
Use the real-time database for a codeless middleware that gives online and offline data for syncing across your users’ devices
- Master Firebase Cloud Messaging, a technology that delivers to connected devices in less than 500ms
- Grow your app organically with technologies such App Indexing, App Invites, and Dynamic Links
- Understand problems when they arise with crash reporting
- Fix user problems without direct access to users’ devices
- Tie it all together with analytics that give you great intelligence about how users interact with your app
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Android, mobile app developers new to Firebase. This book is also for experienced web developers looking to build and deploy web apps for smartphones and tablets, too, who may be new or less experienced with mobile programming.